Contributions by the WB Disc Golf Club
Over the years, the WB Disc Golf Club has contributed to several aspects of course maintenance at the Wells Branch disc golf course, including litter pickup, tree mulching, and tree planting.
- Daily trash pickup by individual members of the club.
- Monthly Disc Golf Green Team trash pickup events.
- 3/7 - It's My Park Day: 36 volunteers participated and planted 8 new trees and mulched 60 trees at the disc golf course with free mulch from Austin Parks Foundation.
1/31 - Waterloo 15th Annual Ice Bowl: 110 disc golf players participated in the 15th annual Waterloo "Ice Bowl," at Wells Branch which raised $1,050 and over 400 lbs. of food, benefiting Capital Area Food Bank and St. Andrew's Food Pantry.
- September - National Public Lands Day: Volunteers planted 5 new trees and mulched 60 trees at the disc golf course with free mulch from Austin Parks Foundation.
March: It's My Park Day: Volunteers participated and planted 5 new trees and mulched 60 trees at the disc golf course with free mulch from Austin Parks Foundation.
January - Waterloo 14th Annual Ice Bowl: 125 disc golf players participated in the 14th annual Waterloo "Ice Bowl," at Wells Branch which raised $1,375 and 4370 lbs. of food, benefiting Capital Area Food Bank.
- Sponsored course work day on 'Its My Park Day' March 2, 2013, and obtained 10 cubic yards of mulch free from Austin Parks Foundation. Coordinated 30 volunteers to spread the mulch around trees in the greenbelt.
- Planted 4 trees during Its My Park Day: Three Texas Cedar Elm and one Mexican Plum ($220 from Green and Growing) Click here to view photos of the tree planting and mulching on It's My Park Day 2013 on the WBDG Green Team FaceBook page.
- Hosted a FUNdraiser for Women Throwing Frisbees (WTF) at Wells Branch disc golf course Saturday, March 30, 2013 to raise money for ladies' entry fees for Texas State Chmpionships.
- Coordinated the grand opening event for the WB Disc Golf Course on May 18, 2013, obtained door prizes, and helped to order the custom-branded WB discs. Click here to see photos from the Wells Branch Disc Golf Course grand opening on the WB Neighborhood Association FaceBook page.
- Sponsored course work day on 'National Trails Day' June 3, 2013. The club purchased and spread 8 cubic yards of mulch around trees and pathways at the disc golf park. ($160 for mulch from Whittlesey Landscape Supplies)
- Clcik to see event photos on the mulching on the WB Neighborhood Association FaceBook page.
- Designed new 18-hole layout which relocated the 7 holes on the north side of Wells Branch Pkwy to the south end of the course. The new starting point for the course is on Owen Tech Blvd. Park across the street across from Whataburger.
- Added a second inner circle of chains on the new 9 baskets. ($150 for chain)
- Designed layout for new 9 holes (#6-#14).
- Purchased stickers to label hole numbers on 18 baskets. ($70)
- Built new footbridge for old hole #12 (current hole #7). ($40 for lumber)
- Added a second inner circle of chains on the original 9 baskets. ($150 for chain)